As temps get cooler and days get shorter, now is the time to address some maintenance items around your home. These things are easier to do before the weather gets cold, and they can save you time and money in the long run!
1. Inspect your roof for missing shingles, debris or fallen tree limbs
2. Clean the gutters
3. Inspect your screens and windows for drafts – and clean them while you’re at it!
4. Check for cracks in the insulation in your attic, basement, around the HVAC, and in crawlspaces
5. Change your air filters
6. Perform safety and battery checks of smoke alarms, CO detectors and flashlights
7. Organize your garage or shed and inspect seasonal equipment such as leaf blowers and snow removal items
8. Fertilize your lawn
9. Start composting and planting for spring
10. Reprogram the thermostat and reverse your ceiling fans